Wednesday 21 August 2013

Yummy Scrummy Cupcakes in Eden

What is the delicious history behind the phenomena known as Cupcakes in Eden

I fell in love with baking in Scotland 6 years ago when I cooked for a Scottish family in a 600 year old house.

It was a very magical time for me, not only was I living in a beautiful land, but I was also baking daily.


I'm not sure exactly when I became absolutely obsessed with cupcakes, but I started working towards opening a cupcake shop when I got back to Australia.

To me cupcakes are the ultimate temptation. They are the perfect size, adorable to look at, taste amazing and can invoke memories of your childhood.

The name Cupcakes in Eden came about because we loving using organic and natural flavours, and just like the apple in the Garden of Eden, you will be tempted!

Your cupcakes are totally cute, sinful and yummy.  Where do you draw your inspiration from

Everywhere!  I have a little notebook of flavours that I add to all the time.  My last idea came about the other day while walking through Hyde Park: a summery fresh flavour of watermelon and mint.

I love thinking about all the yummy flavours and combinations that would make an amazing new cupcake.  I also get inspiration from our Facebook fans who send in delicious suggestions.


You have now experienced the delights of the not so fabulous weather at market, and it was an absolutely sensational debut despite the weather.  How much times goes in to planning, baking and then selecting which little beauties are taken to market so as to go in to many delightfully receiving mouths

A fair amount of work goes in to prepping for market.  I select which flavours I will use well before the day.  We have a rotating flavour board and introduce new flavours each month.


We also do special event flavours, like the upcoming one for Father's Day!  Baking 6 flavours for the markets takes around 7 hours, add to that the preparation, transportation and set up...but it's worth it!


What makes market life tangible for you

I love market life!  Seeing all the local people out and out about meeting up with each other.  And it's great supporting other local producers who are also up for a good chat throughout the day.  


Local markets have a real sense of community.

How would you sum up the world of Cupcakes in Eden in 5 words

Delicious nature in a cupcake


**********
Beautiful person, beautiful cupcakes, many, many, MANY discoveries to be made and thankfully you can go on your own cupcake treasure hunt each Thursday!

MASSIVE thank you to Cupcakes in Eden for sharing time and some photos with us for our Double Bay Market blogspot!


No comments:

Post a Comment